What Covid 19 has unveiled to me as Christian


Sanitize but sanctify more. 




As the world sanitizes, we sanctify – Do not get me wrong, I am washing my hands, sanitizing and all that jazz. The real query is: is there a spiritual insinuation in all these? With the heightened awareness of this virus what ought to be the spiritual disposition. What form of sanitization should happen internally? We are spirit first and I have to be aware that there is something deeper that I must align with for such a time like this. A whole pandemic is not just here to make me aware about personal hygiene, I believe there is more to it than meets the eye- spiritually.

Faith on Fleek

I was reading about the parable of the foolish and the wise virgins (see Matthew 25). When  I got to the part concerning the virgins that had no oil, I pondered why would someone carry a lamp without oil?  As I was meditating, a funny thought dropped. “They used the lamps for décor “ ha ha ( P.s God has a sense of humor and the bible is a fun read if you let it be).

Lamps for decor? Perhaps, it was just showcasing the presence of the lamp but they really did not think a time would come when they would need the oil. The darkness looked too far fetched, or oil suppliers would always be there.  Did you ever think that church would be too farfetched? Like your Sunday would be another day but with sun on top?
 Kinda what Paul says, they have the power but deny it thereof- 2nd Tim 3:5 having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

 Such sombre times, let’s assume faith was the oil, now, it is sad that most Christians have been using their faith as décor. It appears like they have faith, yet when darkness shows up, they react  like lamps with no oil - they are the messengers of fear, scarcity mentality and paranoia. 

I am not here to bash or maim anyone, I just think that we ought to be real. Death is a threat; it is a sad affair especially when souls are involved. But the question is, have you set the scores that your death represents another life of gladness in the afterlife?  If Jesus is lord, you would truly know that even death is a manifestation of another higher life.

Count on God.

 
 I am done counting how many people are being infected every day, it bogs me down. I want to count on the fact that God is faithful. I know the character of God, He is loving.  He is compassionate, this thing hurts him as much as it hurts us.   He has promised us so much to allow a virus to short-change  how we think about him.

Thrive

There are people who will bloom and thrive in this season but we do not want to say it. We like the idea that it is doom and gloom. The reality is, there are companies that will record massive profits, there individuals that will gross more, and it is okay. During the time of famine, Isaac got 100 fold blessing. It is okay to want God to expand you, grow you and help you thrive in this season. Whether mentally, in ideology, or like Joseph in strategy and wisdom, increase is increase. I know the temptation is to go with the economy’s bad tale, but those who trust God will flourish and even when times are tough, God is the ultimate provider, whatever the narrative is, have the single eye that God is good.  

  Let it Go


 Some things will sink,  but it is a test on how you built, on sand or rock ? When I was thinking on this, the Lord highlighted a relationship that I really valued. I was having a hard time understanding what I did that caused the landslide, then  it became apparent that the relationship was never built on the rock, it could not withstand the tide of the storm. I was done beating myself up, I understood this. If its not build on the rock, it will not rock through the storm.

Storms have a way of showing us who we really are, and like Jesus, the fact that he was still was what stilled the storm. He had internal stillness that commanded an external stillness. The disciples could do zilch as they were internally conflicted. All I am learning is that whatever I feel on the inside will test how I handle the outside.

 The weight is on God's word

Numbers don’t lie but have you checked the word?  The word of God is the anchor to everything. God’s word when spoken, it turned lepers into agents of change. In the events of our everyday life, there will be numbers that will discourage and dwindle our posture of faith, but God’s word remains. He is not a man that he would lie. He promised that even when we go through the valley of the shadow of death, He is with us. I will not believe the reports that God is on vacation, He is very much with us in this storm. 

 Be present 

The power of this present moment, I like how such times really reveal who we really are. I do not have an ounce of strength to fake or compete of keep up with the Kardashians. There is a redirection now more than ever to stick to my lane. To do what matters, to prioritize the Lord’s business and give love.  I do not know about you, but seems like we have been gathered for a small meeting with ourselves that we may align with the will of God.

Whatever you and I are doing in this season, I believe that there is a higher calling and purpose. It feels like we are sanitizing, but it is a sanctification by the God of peace. Joshua told his people to sanctify because tomorrow the Lord will do a new thing.  I believe we are in a rebirth of something and this pandemic will be etched in our hearts that we may know that it is only the goodness of God that can deliver us.



1st Thessalonians 5:23

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ


stay in faith, stay in God-   Love Bellz

Comments

  1. Wow. Such depth!
    I'm chewing on these truths...
    One of those articles that you don't just skim through, but rather take time to internalise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow ! Thank you Mercy for always reading. You are amazing !

      Delete

Post a Comment