We Need More WINE

"In the crushing
In the pressing
You are making
New wine
In the soil, I
Now surrender
You are breaking
New ground" - Hillsong

This song describes my heart. It goes beyond what my mind could even encapsulate. It has been a while since I wrote here, as a matter of fact, I did not intend to write anything for the year. But heeeey, change of plans.
Its been one of those seasons where I am trying to figure out " Kwani where is the Lord going with this ?" 

Trust that the previous post was dec'd out with resolutions, little did I know that my plans are being dissolved and resolved to His very own. I once heard a preacher said that he had been through so much in life to a point he stopped asking God " What meanth this! He realized, God's ways are not our ways .
 Questioning God's method is like trying gauge the relevance of this equation ( (y4x2 + 2xy – y)/(x – 1) = 12) in your life. It is futile, you can only be glad that your mind was enlarged to accommodate such content.

 Its not about method, its about HIM.  God just do that thing, how it gets to me, let that give YOU sleepless night. One of us has to worry and He has volunteered to do that on my behalf.  To worry and to stress is to actually take up part of God's JD and clearly that is too overwhelming. 

Leave all your worries with him, because he cares for you.
(1 Peter 5:7)

 What I am trying to say is that we have plans, we note them down and jostle through the hustles of life to make sure we live up to them. I am here to just say that God's ways are different.  They are not different because God is trying to make a mockery of us, not at all! but because He simply enjoys the walk with us. There are roads that we would not dare walk, paths that intimidate us because of our fears, predetermined outcomes that tend curb our destination.
 Our minds cannot comprehend such directions, we have not been that way before yet, God is constantly beckoning us to new grounds, green pastures, unexplored territories for his own good pleasures. These new roads without His leading are too much for us to think of, are our shoes worthy for such destinations? Stories are told of men and women who went that way and never came back. But for us, the narrative is different, we walk with the master of the terrains .These paths are for our taking, there are treasures that only He can lead us.
 OH LORD, NOTHING IS TOO HARD FOR YOU!
 I am learning that God knows best . He has a plan :
Psalm 139:16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.

God has a plan even when things are not moving in the direction we hope for. I feel like Mary, I just got betrothed and now there is news that I am with child. How can this thing be? I have not even experienced the totality of honeymoon.  We did not even get through the first season of How to be a Wife and we are right into motherhood chronicles script. Still, there is one that knows beyond. The Holy Spirit.
I must admit, there are times I want to conjure up plans, to try and convince God that I have a plan. Yet he has affirmed me that He has good plans ( Jer 29:11). I want to fit in, but truthfully, I know that I have been called to stand out. Something in me wants to be cool and in me lives the Hot one. In fact, I am soul on fire. I have been called to burn out in a world full of darkness. 
This post is more for me than in it is for you. A gentle reminder that the creator of heaven has a plan. He that planned out the very detail of the galaxies, knows my name! He sure has a plan. Most days I might be in a daze trying to piece out things together but what I know for sure is that ALL things work together for good. 
ALL :The cambridge dictionary defines this as : every, in all directions, in all ways . 
I may be conflicted by fear of deadline, failure, fear of the the unknown BUT! one thing is for sure: GOD is a good God . I judge him good, He that could lay down his life so that I can have all of him unreserved, he must have a plan. A good plan indeed! Drink to that!

So Yes, when he makes the new wine out of you, they will testify 
 " 
John 2:10 
10 and said, “Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now.”
 God has saved the best, the world is running out of wine and he has been saving you. You are his choice wine.
  
The secret to making the new wine, whatever he tells you DO IT. It will defy you logic, oh boy! It will not make sense but it will perform. I cannot even understand the correction between giving a shout and walls coming down but if he says it, I will do it. A sling and a stone to kill a humongous man that troubled a whole army, but he said not by might or power, Let's do this. 

It was not sent make sense, it was just meant to perform.
Thank you for stopping by, Jesus Loves YOU .
  

Comments

  1. Beautiful piece, totally love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, why don't you write again 😢... Have been thinking about one of the things you have mentioned here,i.e. a plan of how I thought something I wanted should work out and He rebuked me "by who's standards was my plan? and it got me thinking, sometimes we limit God by our own plans and complain yet we don't seek to know His plans......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment