Loving Right and Staying Tight



It’s February, Finally!!  Yeey! And after the intense Part A and B of January we could use some LOVE.   I wrote this post like 5 days ago but I wasn’t particularly sure this was what I want to write on. Anyways, as I was delaying on this matter we had a small ladies random discussion and fellowship with my girls about single-hood, engagements and marriages. That served as  my confirmation that surely the Lord had placed this in my heart for a reason. 

  Let’s admit, your timeline is full of everyone getting engaged, and it looks like they met yesterday and you have no choice but to like and type (Aaaaw  # goals # Godspeed ), Yes ? . Don’t get me wrong, we are happy for them and wish them all the best, but like everyone else we too, long for our turn when the piece of Pie gets over to us. 

Can we have a heart to heart? P.s the post is longer than usual ...Mapenzi Overdrive :)




 I am going to give you the Christian perspective , as I said … I don’t like to talk about things far beyond me or things I can’t relate to so we are keeping it 100. These are things I have read about, purpose to do and I am passing it on the best way I know how.

1.      Fix your eyes on God.

We are not of this world, so even when it comes to relations, singlehood there are things that only God can help. That void that people look upon to be filled by Mr. X or Miss S can only be filled by God first. When God created Eve, Gen 2:2, I am sure they had some bonding time with Eve, while Adam was sleeping.

The first encounter Eve ever came across was her maker (GOD) who unleashed the Man, Adam. In short if you are trying to do it without God then there is a high chance you it will turn into circles. You cannot buy a phone, ignore its manual then when it heats up you want to throw the Phone away because you are too proud to admit that you need the manual. Jesus is the Center of everything, He directs you, helps you because God is the author of relationships. 

2.      Be Busy , Do You

Okay, there is something attractive about being comfortable in your own skin. Adam was so busy in the garden bounding with Elephants and interacting with Monkeys (I am sure he had a soft spot for them) that it only took God to realize that the brother was lonely. On the same token, Ruth was busy gleaning in the field and that got Boaz curious. Goal yourself with doing something that interests you, have fun, be in service, enjoy your job …just do something! 
3.      Enjoy your own space
I can honestly say that this is one of my favorite things as a single person.  It means, having time to just know you a bit more, to grow and mature in everything. Allow me to let you in on a little homemade quote,” your marriage journey, will definitely feel like an eternity compared to your singlehood” – God willing! Love your own company; enjoy time with God as he makes deposits into your life!  Interact, know people, laugh, smile and be glad.

4.      If it’s not tight it’s not right

In single-hood, you meet various people with different intentions. My pastor says if it is not tight then it is not right. What drives you to settling down; God’s blueprint is marriage for Purpose! Maybe the motivation is to take nice photos and Lock it with #Goals #BaeOnFleek #BooThrowndrown but it’s more than that. There will be time for the extra cuteness but let it be build on the right foundations. There is always an inner witness that attests to us! The Holy Spirit , Listen .

Let me be honest here, I have met people and instantly I knew ….This is one is bad for me! , not that there is anything wrong with them, truth is, I am wrong for them as well.  Sometimes I want to hang on because of PRIDE , STATUS ,EGO , and also we have this weird notion that being single means  you are unwanted or unattractive ,I could go on and on . 

The point is, you know it! You can fake it, but deep know you know that that person is not the one. Sometimes because it is hard to let go of the familiar so I ask God, please if they are not sent by you, release them, and give me peace about it! God doesn’t lie or repent, if he says he is not the one, you can cash that in Dubai or the Mara but it won’t succeed.  Honestly, it is for our own good that God leads us. Jeremiah 29:11 ….
(Pheeew that was deep ! )

Go on, Love Yourself!


Lastly, learn to love the parts in your life that no one applauds, like john legend says …Love your curves and all your edges! I am not trying to build relationship 101 tips and how to be single advice. There is no template that works for All but the Wisdom from God’s word underlines that which our heart desires.

 whether Single , in a relationship , in a situation-ship or married , Love the Lord with all your heart , mind , body , there lies the secret of your LOVE story .

Comments

  1. Awesome..... We need God in everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome..... We need God in everything

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Yes Yes. We should be first be the Bride of Jesus Christ before anyone else
    ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment