Listen , JUST DO IT ✔

Guys, in a few days I will a year older! September is that month for me. Yaaay !

Deep down I want to celebrate and pop some bottles (in this case water or a juice of choice) but something in me wants to care for more.


In my walk as a Christian, there are times when I feel overwhelmed, not good enough, inadequate. If I can be candid, it is a very desperate place yet it is indispensable for growth. 


Have you ever been tired? Tired of mediocrity, unfruitfulness, lack of progress, retrogression, tired of the norm , just tired !

There is nothing wrong with feeling tired, in fact I have learnt that when you feel tired it’s because you have been laboring for something.


There is no problem in wanting IN, wanting more, it’s not greed; it’s a level of pursuit. Don’t get me wrong, I am very grateful for what God pours into my life, He is so kind and loving, I can attest. I however feel like I am in a place where I know there is more in God and I cannot afford to shrink back and be complacent.





The Prayer of Jabez in 1st Chronicles 4:9, is prayer of a tired man. His mother bore him in pain , it’s safe to assume that was his label. He wanted out! He wanted the kind of blessing that would enlarge him, the kind that would allow him to become what was abnormal from his birth label. God granted him, his request. He was already honourable, the bible records YET he cared for more.

The man Jacob, I resonate with Him, this man really got tired. Genesis 32:24-30. Jacob fought, he wrestled for something! He was wrestling with someone he did not know for something he could not see!


He knew that there was more to life than the blessings of his father. The same man worked tirelessly to get the girl of his dreams; nothing was of limits for him.

Allow me to submit this for your consideration, He had the option saying ‘bora uhai’ when he got the first wife. The tragedy with that was, Joseph would not have been born and who would have been the deliverer and a solution to Egypt? He also have the option of saying ‘sawa tu ‘, I will be content with what my earthy father said concerning me! He could have opted out, cowed in.

His brother on the other hand is a contrast of what happens when we settle. He was okay that Jacob had his blessing. His father said to Him ….Gen 27:40....."and it shall come to pass when thou shalt have the dominion, that thou shalt break his yoke from off thy neck".

There is something about getting tired with the norm that activates faith. It’s more like what the four lepers at the gate did! -2nd Kings 7:3 .They got tired of sitting at the gate. No one had sent these guys to go and get them food. They were not qualified for greener pastures, yet they went out of their way to find! Out of their own volition, they stood and called for action! If we perish we perish Kwani iko nini !



I will not sugar coat this, salvation is not for the weak. You MUST be willing to roll up your sleeves and get bloody because this kingdom suffers violence and the violent take it by force! 


This is not the place where cute and being proper applies, what was proper about John the Baptist being in the wilderness eating locust creamed with honey?

You have to be willing to die, and be buried. I know I sound vicious but you will resurrect!

You must be willing to smell like blood and war sometimes. If Jesus died so that we can have constant victory; please ask yourself, this victory you have where is the war at?

We wrest not against flesh and blood Ephesians 6:12 . The point is: there is a wresting that is happening whether you acknowledge it or not. This wrestle is one that wants to detain you at bare minimum. It’s the kind of wrestle that wants to disqualify you for what is already yours.

This is the wrestle that says things like “Only so and so can afford, Like Jeremiah,reminding you , you are only but a child, like Moses “but – but - I – I -am – not – of – go – good – sp-ee-ch” Always speaking to your failures and flaws .

I will war for my life because I know that it’s not about being relevant or approved it’s about purpose. I will wrestle for my marriage because I know it’s not about our instagram poses or the “aaaaaaw you guys are goals” comments, it’s about coming together for purpose .

1st Tim 1:18 This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;
Purpose makes the devil hella nervous.

These battles are mostly in the mind, they have made camp there and the reality of God’s word brings them down. Sometimes God will not ask you to fight, He might ask you to stand still, to be present in the battle. You need to see what is coming against you, be present and witness that there are forces in opposition concerning what God has placed in you.

Listen, I hate conflict, I have never been involved in a physical fight even when in school. Whenever they would threaten to fight, I would find a strategy to hide or run. I have however learnt that they are things that I need to take, if diplomacy fails, a little violence is needed Jesus said "And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting." - Mark 9:29 . 


There is nothing motivating about avoiding your normal breakfast in bid to fast .Waking up 1 hour earlier to pray and read the word is such an tall task but guess what , that is some type of war. That is why Jesus was so successful on the battle field because he was always on boot-camp in the mountain charging up his weapons of warfare .

Sometimes the willingness to fight may get God strategizing on your behalf. They are giants that need a sling and 5 stones. Some walls need an aggressive shout that is unreasonable but just do it !. Other fights need waking up and deciding, yes I am a leper, they have dimmed that I am of no worth but I need to wake up and secure something.

Jesus already won the battle, He overcome and He is in you and I.

You will be summoned to that battle; weapons have been formed against you but guess what THEY WILL NOT PROSPER.

Whatever that fight looks like for you, Just DO It. Heaven is backing you and I.

Comments