I am Learning on the Power of Prayer !


Hey guys, hope you are well. I have been meaning to write almost every day this week but I think I have had a lot in my plate but it’s never too late to share....

I have been learning a lot about prayer and I would love to share. Also, ( I feel like We have many stop-overs to make so bare with me and pick at-least what stands out )

I have been praying wrong, and I am finally learning how to pray right! Man, you could be praying your own things and not really getting God’s attention. 

Bill Johnson says , If God is not answering your prayers maybe its because you are not talking to him about the things he is interested in , change the topic ! ( Funny but true ) 

 I had so many fallacious ideas about prayer that are rapidly being corrected . Prayer is just seeking God's will through his Word . Its a conversation ! From  earth to heaven like a ladder ( Genesis 28:12)

Let me explain, with an illustration.

I have a small brother and he is always asking for my phone because he wants to play games.  I give it to him because it makes him happy and I like the way he gets excited on the car race games. However, there are certain times ,I would not give him my phone, when he is eating or taking a nap. – the phone will be but a distraction.

 The point is, I know the right time to give him, I have learnt his motive!  Does he really want the phone or he is just bored! If he really wants it, he will ask for it, cry for it and I can sense his authenticity towards it!

Maybe that’s how God is, he knows our prayer items, and he knows when things are a distraction! Some prayers don’t get answered because He doesn’t hear; it’s all about his timing and our motive .

When ye pray believe that you have been given and ye shall receive it.- Mark 11:24 .

 The first time my small brother asks for my phone , I have heard and every time I see my phone and look at him I can tel where his heart is at .  

 God hears the first time we ask, it’s the nature at which we pursue that thing in faith that gives him the ground to question our motive. Do we want the blessing for the Glam and gram or for his glory?

The other thing I have learnt about prayer is that it’s this beautiful intimacy with God. To really be in line with God is to constantly be in his word, to desire his very words to come alive in you! 

If I can be honest, God’s word is everything. God calling me the apple of his eye is one of the most flattering things ever. Imagine meditating on such a word!  It literally elevates the place of our existence.

The posture of prayer is so incredible because it makes every storm oblivious.

 “Jesus sleeping in a storm is the level of un-botheredness I aspire to be at “- A tweet that had me thinking deeply. That was not a posture of ignorance to what the storm represented, it was place of peace to what the victory already was!

 The lifestyle of prayer will always anchor the inner peace of God.

Every time Jesus was troubled he often went to the mountain to pray, he secluded himself because he knew were his source of peace comes from.  

When the crowd came to Him and they were hungry, he told the disciples to ask them to sit. I found that profound ,because in their hungry state, he was asking them to chill and relax as if they had made some orders and the waiters were ready to serve!  God has a sense of humor .

There is an audacity about being able to relax and be calm when you are in turmoil. Trust me it is not easy but prayer is like the breeding ground for that kind of boldness. Worrying is expensive! It robs us of the place of mental stability and soberness.

Last one, you can’t pray and not live in the confines of your prayer life. This one was so profound because I learnt it in church.  Prayer helps us hear God for ourselves, one thing I vowed this year is not to base my faith on someone else's. People have opinions! And sometimes indulging in these opinions can negate the very thing you pray for!

In light of that, Prayer is more of a spiritual connection to God’s divine. -2nd Peter 1.

  • ·        If you pray for rain, carry an umbrella. 
  • ·        If you pray for finances, don’t get into conversations about the government being broke, life being too hard, and all the complains about life – believe that ye have received and ye shall have it.
  • ·        If you pray about healing, feel whole - (Allow me share something a little controversial on this) – Sometime ago I wasn’t feeling too well - headache, running nose and soar throat. So I prayed for healing.  Now, every time my mom would call to ask how I was ,I went on about how I wasn’t feeling too well. She would retaliate and say pole sana and give me directions on what meds to take. The pity party felt good until the Lord asked me Do you really want to get healed cos you seem to enjoy the “attention” and the woiye you get from people.  
  • Now I understood why sometimes Jesus would ask do you really want to be well?

Anyways in as much as we pray, do we really want IT? Do we really NEED it? And are we ready to step out no matter the challenges?

Matthew 14:28 Peter prayed “Lord if it you, bid me Come! “- And Jesus answered him and said come!   
The victory for him was : He stepped out ,walked on water and broke barriers. 
The challenge was, -the boisterous winds that made him afraid. 
The fact was :he had received the answer the first time he asked!

 God will answer and when he does, I pray that the boisterous winds will not distract You and I from the great experience ! walking on water ,breaking from the crowd and the protocols of the world system !

1st Thessalonians 16   Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.


xoxo Bellz 

Comments

  1. Such good read. 😊😊
    I'm super blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Love for stopping by , I am glad you were blessed .

      Delete

Post a Comment