How I Knew The One !




I giggle whilst my face takes the form of  this constant blush every time I hear someone describe how they knew THE ONE.

I am in the hospitality department in my church and I am privileged to work around amazing women. We have random conversations from fashion to food, to what stood out for us in church and basically any feel good vibe.

 In our endeavor to create conversations that continually edify us, there was this recent query! How did you know he was the one? 

This is a question that is relentlessly asked to those who have gone ahead into the Canaan of relationships .

 Whether married, engaged, single &satisfied, single and on your knees, we can all agree that there is something astounding about knowing that God has set apart someone that you will do life with.  

Anyways, I want this to be a dialogue, how did you know he /she was the one?  (Feel free to leave a comment below) . 

Was it a busy day in traffic? Suddenly as you were at the roundabout and the traffic lights were on stop, your eyes locked? There was a dangling sparkle in their eyes, and then a rude interruption from the green light had you buzzing off!  As if fate was hooking you up, you meet at a mall two days later? And he calls you traffic lady five years later.

Perhaps a cool Saturday at friend’s rucario / wedding (here is where all the singles are told to cast their nets) and he gave you a lift home because the Uber App was not working and he was just being a gentleman who was taught to never leave behind  a damsel in distress ?

The extreme ones are the ones where you bump into each other and your papers falls off, scatters dramatically or perhaps coffee spills over? 
Suddenly an apology becomes a space where numbers are exchanged and before you know it, you are at JAVA for the second date?

 (Also, I would like to know how this practically works he he ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚!, aren’t we too busy to take numbers from people bumping  and spilling beverages on us?)   I repent for allowing soap operas have us on leash!

DICLAIMER! These scenarios are not anointed for application please; I am just imaginatively cultivating a ground for us to just have conversation.
Feel free to apply them at your own risk!
  
Whichever it is, when you know you know.

I was reading the story of Ruth and Boaz.  It is such a beautiful story- of hope, love and redemption.

Allow me to share the things that I have been learning from those ahead of me and out my personal study.

 There is a profound statement Ruth made before she meets Boaz.

Ruth 1:16
But Ruth replied, "Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.

 This really stood out for me. It felt like Ruth was making a loyalty vow to herself more than she was making it to Naomi. Her resolve was towards her commitment to become a woman she had never been before.

She suddenly had awoke to selflessness and was willing to unlearn all her ways a Moabite girl and stride into the journey of destiny.

Allow me to submit to your consideration that her attitude factored her alignment and visibility to Boaz. She humbly did what she was requested of and took no shame in who she was previously and was embracing her “new” life.

 I am by no means qualified to write this, I am just letting my nose follow the scent of this tรชte-ร -tรชte. (God does not use the qualified anyways, heeeey !  Allow me to be used - and flow)

 Flowing on ....๐Ÿ™Œ
The thing that I want to qualify that I have been learning is ; the ONE might not make you feel like butterflies have a home in your belly.

 They might not make you feel like the rest of us need to vacate to in Venus because they promised you the world. - These are not the true sensations to live by.

THE ONE will make you feel comfortable in who you truly are. Just like Christ loves us, that is the kind of love our relationships should exemplify.

THE ONE will make you seek God first.

Let me preach a little louder -or come down to your level- as your favorite preacher likes to put it. 

They will accept you the way Christ has accepted us. You do not have to Google 10 signs to know whether He /she is into you or not” . They will embrace your present, accept your past and be excited for your future.

 We have been duped to believe that image is everything, that merit is the score card for our relationships.  We base our relations on what we can get and not what we can give.

Truthfully, Boaz was a wealthy man; He had his own thing going! He looked like he was the perfect bail out for Ruth, but for purpose to be accomplished they needed each other.

 Ruth was just a broken girl with a tainted past but she had something Boaz needed. A lineage! She had the capacity to birth the plans and purposes of God.

There is just something about Partnering with God. The point is, Ruth made a decision and vowed her allegiance to GOD.  Sometimes it takes one to utter the very words of selflessness and accepting the true will of the Father.

You and I are not any different; our earthly relationships mirror our heavenly relationships with God. You cannot value people any better if you have no value for God.

You may dismiss THE ONE because he doesn’t have a leather belt or she has the 4c all natural hair and you prefer length over texture! - but none of those things matter !

All of us need polishing! You were not the person you are when Jesus meet you, you couldn't it find the book of Philippians and look at how far you have come- you can even refer to scriptures from revelation ๐Ÿ’ช! 

If I may not win you over with this one, just know that you are THE ONE that God chose. Flawed up or Fired Up!  

In answer to How did you know He / She was the one ? - I just knew ! - That was what most said .  

My heart may have fainted a little when they did not dramatically express how their hearts would throb, appetite would vanish or the sockets of their knees would get weak ! The truth is , the security of Love is not the externals but the internal witness ! 


Paul says
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Xo Bellz - Thank You for Stopping By!! ๐Ÿ’•
.

Comments

Post a Comment