Happy 2018 ! New Expectations !

Happy New Year , well .... Happy New Month ! pardon my lateness but  January is like a trial month ( for me ) ha! ha! but I am excited to be here . If you are reading this , I don't take this chance for granted , thank you for stopping by.


Hope you have been well and that this year is shaping up with the oomph and expectation of great things to come.


What are your expectations , goals , vision for the year?
More importantly what has God specifically laid in your heart for his year ?


I would love to share what my expectations for this year and what i feel the Lord laying a finger on !


I am learning a lot, especially on self awareness in God, boundaries and my growth in Jesus.  I am learning to apply and be amazed by the word of the Lord over my life. I really want the ignition and power of His word in my life as an everyday reality .


I have always been of the opinion that my relationship with God is a love affair. His love makes me better and my submission to him ultimately brings me to a place of rest and fulfillment. I want to be more intentional about pursing him as he leads me to the paths of righteousness for his name sake . I hope I will help someone as we aspire to purposefully live in Him .


  Year of Fruitfulness


I marvel about Joseph's lifestyle (Genesis 37– Onward) he was constantly fruitful.  He was fruitful in the prison as well as in the Palace.  The place of assignment or positioning never deterred him from being fruitful. The motivation was never where he was ,but who was in HIM .


 John 15; 5 ´"I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.’’


 The success to his  fruitfulness I believe was that he remained rooted in God. I never at one point read about him complain about where he was at in life.
I want to be fruitful but ,I have come to learn that it comes with its own terms , constant pruning .


Pruning sometimes happens so that we are not caught up with the success of the previous harvest .  Pruning may be painful , intense , it may look like you are losing but it eventually creates space for more . Joseph was always growing and been pruned was something he was familiar with ( the wait , accusations , isolation etc ) but none of  that could match his FRUIT in the end.


Year of Manifestation


The older I get (I never thought I would ever use this line), the more I realize the need of pursing all that God has placed in my heart.  I have always been low-key when it comes to being[fully ] me. I know what I want but I am afraid of getting what I want. The process maybe uncomfortable but the reality is, that is where the manifestation is hidden.


Like a caterpillar, if it’s not shelved in a cocoon somewhere and feel like it’s missing out on the sunshine and what the universe has to offer, then it will never manifest it's potential as a butterfly. What may look like a shelf-ish (pun intended) moment maybe a " Let's store the energy for later , Or Keep calm and wait for explosion !"


As a year of Mega Break-through, some protocol has to be broken.  Like paralytic’s friends who uncovered the roof to get healing from Jesus!  Or Moses who insisted, I paraphrase “An angel is cool but if you oh LORD are not coming, we are not going “.
The audacity of some people in the bible is clearly not out of timidity but boldness. Such examples are laid for us to get the kick in the stomach question of " How bad do you want it !"


I might have to embrace uncomfortable choices but in due time I will be accorded the muscle I need to fly.


Heb 11; 6
But without faith it is impossible to [walk with God and] please Him, for whoever comes [near] to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He rewards those who [earnestly and diligently] seek Him.


It is God’s desire that we walk in the fullness of our purpose.


I genuinely pray that as this year unfolds we will have the boldness to enter into what is in for us.


Happy 2018, I pray all Your heart desires are hidden in him , and he will perfect all that concerns you .


Xoxo Bellz

Comments