When Survival is not a Fruit of the Spirit

So, I recently celebrated my birthday and honestly it felt divergent. It felt different because for the first time I felt the urge to let Go and let God . 
Lately,  I have been pressing into God asking and indulging him to why I am here at this time.  
One thing that He has been highlighting is the need to thrive and not to survive. Truthfully,  we have been taught how to survive,  it's like an automation wired in our brains.  There are books on how to survive , ways , tactics and what not . Survival is a worldly mentality but thriving is a kingdom lifestyle.  
Disclaimer!I am learning  and unlearning . I thought it wise to share and exchange notes on this .
So when the Lord was highlighting this thrive message in my spirit, my flesh and mind like an automation took the rabbit trail.  You know how we are taught that thriving and winning  is in the fame , money and accolades ? In fact , you don't need to be taught , just log on Instagram and your other social pages .But not so! There is a deeper thrive,  allow me to  me indulge you. 
Let's go through our favorite bumper sticker,  magnetic Fridge Quote, world's most popular tattoo ,  and probably one of the most misused verse " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me " .
So in the previous verse Paul Writes in Philippians 4:12  " I know how to get along and live humbly [in difficult times], and I also know how to enjoy abundance and live in prosperity. In any and every circumstance I have learned the secret [of facing life], whether well-fed or going hungry, whether having an abundance or being in need."
What Paul meant was,  I know lack and I know plenty ( two extremes),  however in Christ I  thrive! He understood that it was not the state of his pocket , fame , or even education that caused him to prosper . He knew whether  hard , tough,favorable or easy as ABC he was always #winning.
To understand this,  I read on other biblical examples.  Joseph was a successful slave who got his master's approval and trust in a foreign nation.  In prison he thrived and was put in charge of the other prisoners.  A slave , a prisoner , separated from his family but still #winning 
Thriving is when you are a captive in Babylon like Daniel,  you take veggies and water and you look better and sound smarter than the guys doing barbecue and steak, then wash down with some wine .  P. S not just better ,but 10 times better.  #winning !

Elijah finds a widow who was on her last meal and because God's kingdom is not about survival,  they thrived with overflow for days to come. What looked like they were to survive on , they thrived on because God was with them .  #winning 
So I have been asking myself, how do I get on this thrive mode?  What is clear is that I cannot thrive in a world that demands me to survive, I have to be different.

 Allow me to submit this for your consideration "Survival for the fittest " is not a parable or one of the beatitudes.  It's just a way the world tasks it's people to live and we are not in the logistics . 
Probably, outwardly it seems as if you are surviving,  but inwardly you are thriving. 
Romans 14:17
17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
 Could it be if you have no peace , joy and His righteousness that is what surviving is ? You are simply being sustained by his mercy and grace but you have been called to thrive !

Jesus said For the Gentiles (heathen) wish for and crave and diligently seek all these things, and your heavenly Father knows well that you need them all.
33 But seek ([z]aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness ([aa]His way of doing and being right), and then all these things [ab]taken together will be given you besides. 
In other words,  Survival will put you in a state of worry if anxiety.  Survival will say things like supply is limited, the sources are scarce to get you to hoard and have the scarcity mentality.  

Thriving is when you seek him and all things are added,  what others stay awake chasing ,follows you when you are still.  
Jesus is always asking us,  and purging us to thrive.  He died on the cross so that the law  and the systems that demanded our survival were abolished .  We are told to survive we fight , we fist up and show our claws but to thrive , we sit , we rest and Faith it !  And when we have to war , we simply appear because we were fought for , we simply claim victory .
Shall we thrive?  I choose to thrive ! 

xoxo Bellz 

Comments

Post a Comment