You Talk Too Much , Learn How to Walk !

Hey friends,  hope you are well.  It's been a while since I posted. Don't fret, the title is more of a rebuke to myself , but if the shoe fits , let's be corrected together!  I wanted to be ready enough to share from my heart . Recently , I was challenged by someone who posed this question " Are you talking a lot about Jesus more than you are actually spending time with Him " 


That question has not only lingered,  but has made me question my depth as a child of God.  My silence has been intentional yet I somewhat struggled in bid to spend time with God.  Spending time with God can be uncomfortable  ,  uncomfortable not just for you but for others.  In God's presence, the truth about you is laid bare and he aligns you to himself.  Alignment in God's presence shakes off the unwanted baggage that we so like to wear around . 

Luke 10:42 Jesus tells Martha,  42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one.[a] Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.” . Martha wanted to look busy,  and when that did not move Jesus,  she started to complain. Mary on the other hand, wanted to dwell and hear the sweet mysteries that came from Jesus. Kindly note, both of them were in the presence of Jesus. 

What essentially Jesus is saying, Yes I know you can cook, sweat while serving and what not. But I am interested to see your reaction and anticipation when I unfold the mysteries and wonders of the kingdom.  I am interested to serve you more than you are interested in serving me.

I have came to learn that,  being a Christian is not what you say,  it's what you hear. You will never grow from what you say,  you will grow from what you hear. You can only confess as far as you have heard! Faith comes from hearing and hearing by the word of God. Jesus said " you shall know them by their fruits,  what he meant was ,.. What you are feeding will tell on you .

I wasn't done churning this message until one of my friends texted me and as we were chatting she asked.  " Bellz,  how is your walk with God " 
That question stroke a numb core in me,  I couldn't answer her.  I think it's the word "walk" that rattled me a little . It hit me,  this thing is a walk !  It was a provoking question that got me asking myself, " I'm am walking right,  have I been distracted?  Where I'm I , where I am even walking toward in the first place ! "
I finally got the courage to text back and said " Let's chat up over some Chai about that walk, and I inserted a smiley face but deep down there was a frown.

"It's not the mountain ahead to climb that wears you out,  its the pebble in your shoes."  Lately,  I seem to have discomfort in my shoes and I had finally figured out,  it's the pebbles.  It's the little acts of compromise, doing the right thing at the wrong time ( hey Kardashians Lovers ) , sleeping whilest i know I ought to pray first  etc

Jesus asked Peter,  Do you love me more than this.  He said Yes,  Lord you know.  Jesus asked him three times not because he had not heard him but because he needed to know something.  He needed to match his talk and the walk.  He needed to match his audio and the video ( the call over his life ) .The walk was about feeding God's sheep.  Feeding the sheep in not a talking issue,  it's a walking issue.  

Maybe my status,  Sarahah, Insta quote seems spiritual but what really matters is my walk.  I know my talk can open some books here on earth (Facebook)  but it's my walk that will open the book that determines my fate  in heaven. 
Dear friends,  I'm learning to walk as I carefully remove the pebbles that tend to sneak inside my shoes.  The tricky thing about pebbles and small stones is that you think you can wiggle your feet until you get there but you really cannot . The real encounter is like  that of Moses in the burning bush that will prompt you to remove your shoes , then keep walking.

 It's interesting most babies learn to walk first before they talk . 
I don't want to talk about a God I don't walk with, it's futile.  
Now allow me to ask you the same, how is your walk?  Your talk we see,  it's your walk that is your business.  And that business is the real deal.  

Comments

  1. Thanks dear for the profound post.I have learnt that walk with God is very important coz most times we focus on the talk.Learnt something interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading dear , I am glad you learnt and was blessed !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment