God Does not Work For Me -A conversation.

This is not the usual post, in fact, if you are religious, shuuuu! this one is not for you🙋.

Disclaimer! This is not the kind of post for self-proclaimed judges! We are keeping it real!

 The last couple of months have been interesting. I have interacted with a couple of people that have voiced out this kind of a thing- God does not work for me anymore. From their expressions, I could tell they were coming from a sincere place.

The patent reaction I would have opted for was the need to shove down that religious vibe of "Imagine God is real and he has good plans for you, and quote some scriptures". But this time, I decided to just listen in and understand. The truth is, I cannot purport to understand why that is their conclusion but sadly, they live under such a reality.

The way we Christians are set up, we have clever ways of dodging issues and saying " Imagine it is well, cast all your anxiety to Jesus'', Yet we cannot produce solutions to cure these hurts. People run to everyone else but Christians, because I am praying for you is a better solution as opposed to how can I can be of help? I'll tell you something, most Christians look okay but deep down they are hurt.

 They are hurt because they cannot reconcile what they have faced with what is supposed to be God's love. Apparently, we have reduced the quality of God's love with a holier than thou attitude. We have become masters of Minding our own business as the expense of the hurting ones.

 Somewhere in our Christian manual book, some people created this fairy tale. Follow Jesus and He shall supply all your ice cream and pizza desires! Oh, how I wish this was true. I have said this over and over, salvation is not a joke, what is funny about wrestling with rulers, principalities, and powers.

Once you sign up, stuff is going down. That generational curse that no one wanted to handle in your family weighs on you. Now you have to choose whether you want it down to your kids, or it stops with you.

 Let's get down to the meaty stuff, no preservatives: why most people are hurt by God/ church. First of all, as I write this, I have been humbled by God's grace because I am not perfect. I too wrestle with God. He has his plans, I have mine, Kwanza I have powerpoints - my powerpoints have charts and pictures to compare and contrast stuff.

 Sometimes my prayer is full of negotiations that lowkey look like prayer points but deep down, I am just trying to twist arms.
For example, You know for sure that God said, that guy apana. But the way your prayer life is set up, you say that he is a salvation item.  You give all the reasons why you are hanging out, He looks like a heaven project but the real deal is that he is a distraction. If God did not send you, don't play the agent.

God knows what is good for you, trust me I have failed these tests long enough to know that God is always right. I am working progress on this! I have come to learn the hard way that I should go with God's plan.

We save time when I am out here yielding and trusting him. God doesn't show us what is happening but once he is done, we begin to connect the dots.

The uh-ha moment will come when you are calm and collected and not in your analytical mood.

You know how when you were a kid you would not understand that uncle who always drunk and insulted everyone. Now you look at him and understand why he did what he was doing? He would get drunk to get the truth out? and y'all thought he talked too much and did the most?

( sorry to drag your uncle into this, may he receive salvation in Jesus name 😎)

 Anyways, God does his best work when you trust him. When you learn to yield and say that surely God, I do not know what the future holds but you have been here long enough to guide me through.

The tragedy is that some of us are master terrorists. God will not negotiate with a terrorist! We have this thing where we hold things at ransom, If you give me this, I will give up this. If we really look into it, it is a discipline issue.

Yes, there I said it. Most of the times, not all because I do not want to assume I know everything. We are hurt because we have discipline issues and we do not want correction.

 We want what we want and when we get what we want and it does not satisfy us, we shift blame. Like Adam, "The wife that you gave me, gave me the fruit" But he had a choice- to eat or not to eat.

 Psalm 139 is such a powerful revelation to me. Verse 7
Where could I go from Your Spirit? Or where could I flee from Your presence?If I ascend up into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in Sheol (the place of the dead), behold, You are there.

 God knows my every move and that he has the right intentions. 

I have a small brother who is 4. When he gets my phone you would think it's his, the ownership level 🙆! He only makes suggestions to the degree of what he knows my phone can do for him - games. Yet, I know my phone too well and it would be unfortunate to let him misuse it because to him that phone is a game hub but to me its a tool for business and communication.  He gets upset when I refuse his access for use because his knowledge is limited. I am wiser, I have had the phone long enough to know if he is not empowered to use it, he will abuse it.

 What if we are hurt because we think takes away the fun stuff yet in the real sense he wants to introduce us to the real stuff. The stuff that will make a difference. We are stuck on candy crush and God wants to download stuff that will help us save lives and transform others.

 As I mentioned earlier, I do not know why you are hurt, why the God topic gives you a sour taste in your mouth but God cares. All I know is that he leaves the 99 to find the 1. That is the assurance that he is mindful of you and me.

 P.s God works, He has worked before, You are not his first failure project.

Philippians 2:13 
For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him



Share, Subscribe, Leave a comment. :)

Love Bellz 💌

Comments