Perfection was Never a Requirement

 Happy August, I have missed being here and sharing with you. This has been one of the most interesting seasons in my life and I simply want to carve up some of my highlights. The highlights are nuggets of wisdom that I have been getting through my devotional time and also through teachings and life lessons.
 I can’t help but notice that there is a fresh aroma of new beginnings, new levels, and new doors. A fresh canvas of good tidings leading to destiny and I eagerly wait to behold. Here goes:

1.  We are called to stand out not to fit in
The bible is careful to remind us that we are not of this world. John 17:16They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17 Sanctify them byd the truth; your word is truth. 18As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified. "
One thing stands out; only the word of God can sanctify us. In a world full of prophesies and people knowing a little too much, you can only count on the word of God.

The day you signed up as a Christian, something in your default settings changed. The word of God became a reality, it became the truth and it is continuously the blueprint to daily life. In case you have been having doubts whether you belong or not, allow me to confirm the truth.... You don't belong in this world but you were created to transform this world. Live as if God is the audience and the world was the stage to which you were meant to perform and transact.

2. God is not looking for perfection, he is looking for availability.  I would like to go back in time to the day God created us, I am sure there was an option to make us perfect beings but he did not. He made us just the way we are because he knew that we can only survive through him.  I could talk about David, a man after God's own heart, with faults and weaknesses yet God saw past all his faults.

 2nd Kings 4:1-7 When Elisha asked the widow to bring vessels to fill oil in them; he did not specify Perfect or imperfect. All he needed was vessels, the size did not matter, neither did the shape or value matter, what was of essence was what he was putting- OIL. What matters is what you are carrying, what you have in the inside of you. Those vessels were priceless as long as they were empty, value checked in when OIL was poured in. Symbolically, the Holy Spirit is like Oil ... When he flows in us, an auto mated value starts to operate within us.

3. Patience
That word gives me the chills, because it comes backed up by words such as Wait, Be Still, and the best things are expensive and what not . I distinctively remember having a conversation with God and a still small voice whispered “I have Eternal patience with you “, in an attempt to understand that, I sensed it had to do with matters of obedience.
There are times when we know that we are not right, we are straying or simply ignoring. God wants us in station B but we are busy pouting about not having that Michael Kors , Louis vuitton Yada yada vanities we crave for  and have refused to move. He waits patiently on us, and all he asks is that we obey.  No one likes to wait, but the contentment of being attended to and getting the Promise is Full-Feeling :).

I have come to learn, all things are working for my good and it’s intentional. The struggles of today will not be there forever, they shall pass. David was not a shepherd forever, bears and Lions were only for a instant.

Hope you have been encouraged :). Enjoy the New season and the Good tidings ahead.

Comments