God's Agenda is in your Calender- Faith Nderitu's diaries


 I had made plans for this year, month by month. I prayed and wrote down as I hoped that it would  be just as I had envisioned.

Habakkuk 2:2
"Then the LORD answered me and said: “Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it."

January was fine, I was in for 21days of fasting  which ushered my February. I felt energetic, charged ready to watch the year unfold and tick my 'Calendar '! This was going to be my year!

March buzzed in. I began to be more watchful and expectant but little did I know that I was about to be disrupted.

 The first case of what was to be a global pandemic was announced in the country, but it didn't hit home. Well, I figured out this was manageable and no cause for any alarm. At least not to affect any of my plans.  They were tucked in neatly and put to order, as I had envisioned!

Little did I know what was to follow. A week later, movements were restricted, schools were closed (this affected me) though I didn't see the whole picture unfold. Two weeks later, there was a curfew, a week later a lock-down.

 It was after staying at home for two weeks when I realized that things were no longer the same. No church, no coffee dates,no business meetings only limited social distancing.  This is  not how I had envisioned it!  I had plans remember ?

 Wait, April is here and after revisiting my calendar  as clear as day, things weren't going as planned.This is not what I had planned for my Easter holidays! At least not being indoors the whole time, c'mon.
All the plans I had for April were now unrealistic. And rumor having it,  this might continue for a while until the state of this pandemic is fully controlled.

Basically, it was becoming apparent that my plans for 2020 were not as I planned. I felt a cold chill run through my spine, a feeling of hopelessness and helplessness(nitaambia nini watu 🙆) and while I was at it, the Holly Spirit quickly reminded me of these Scriptures.

Prov 19:21
"Many are the plans in a person’s heart,
but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevail."


Wow, this took me back. Well, Holly Spirit what does this mean? And as I continued in fellowship with Him, this is what I gathered.

◼️When I was making my plan , whether I involved Him or not, God had a plan already for my 2020

◼️While I didn't factor in the pandemic,God knew it was to happen .

◼️When It caught me off guard God wasn't surprised that it did happen.

So, what does this mean?


✅In the plan of God over your 2020 this was catered for. God isn't somewhere wondering what will come out of this or whether he should make new arrangements for you? Your plans might have been shaken but His wasn't 

✅ God's plans for your 2020 are intact. They have not been disrupted.

✅Instead of stressing on what you will be able to achieve or not, how about you ask God for His plan over your 2020 ?
(Prov 21:30)
There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.


✅ Friends, I am reminded that God has good plans for you.
(Jer :29:11 )
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you an expected end. 


✅ How about you surrender, commit and submit your plans to Him and let Him give you His Calendar for your future?
Prov 16:3 "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans".  

Safer that way isn't it?

#Drop your agendas take up his calendar!

 2020 The year of the Lord. For the revealing of His glory and sovereignty.


Written by : Faith Nderitu

Comments

  1. Thank you so much Faith Nderitu for this. Such a good inspirational read I didnt wanna stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Faith for the inspiration. Be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the best. Love you. Thank you for this... Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment