Guys I would Date - Bible Edition

Kings and Queens I told you that I will serve you nothing but light and consistency. Here at your service my royals.

First of all, thank you so much to all the beautiful responses on my page. I get a lot of love and feedback and that’s dope. 
I want to write some fun stuff, let’s tinkle a little and have some fun. 
 I was reading this book Really bad girls of the bible and I really enjoyed how the stories were told. My fave girl from that collection was Bathsheba, her name means Daughter of abundance and I could see why she stayed in the house of abundance.  Some girls are bad and that book was a good one.

In light of this, I just wanted to loosen up a bit and just share what humors me, indulge with me will you?


Guys I would date, Bible edition. 


According to my mom, she says I am so choosy; my taste pallet in men defeats her.  Perhaps it’s because every time she suggests so and so son of somebody I  always reply with , “ AI surely mum, I can’t!” and hence where she deduced that my taste is in heavenly places because here on earth I have found no one befitting to introduce her to.

So who would I have possibly said yes to?  This is a playful attempt to what I would go for. I have a list of three men for choices sake! 
Jonah
Honestly, every time I hear Jonah’s story I am thrilled. This was a man of boldness; I do not see his cowardice contrary to what people say. Look at me already up and arms defending my mans! Haha !
 Imagine being sent by God and saying No, and not only saying no but going on a cruise ship to some different destination. I know there is a reason why he was saying no; historically Nineveh was very hostile especially to the prophets, He was saying No because those people were savage and he did not want the wrath that comes with correcting people’s ways. 

What thrills me is the ability to stand ground. You know he could have said sawa tu and low-key murmured all the way to Nineveh.
 I am also electrified by Jonah’s ability to be honest, the resolute decency to say “ At this point I am not able to do this”.  If Jonah was at the garden with Eve, I’m sure he would have said "Ai, we kula tu, ujue me siko na wewe" as he zooms off to the east garden for a swim.

Prolly, that is why God came to the rescue and used the Shark!- bible scholars I know it is a big fish but for me it is a shark, a shark makes sense.
  {Baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo ( I digress but I could not help it, but this part always has me humming )

 Then the ability to be repentant and just let God have his way!  Jonah had a change of heart and he wasn’t too prideful that he was stuck on one way; he was flexi for God to use him.  Even with his refusal, He made room for God to give him a second chance to do what that which seemed insurmountable to him.

So what did you see in Jonah you might want to ask when  now that  I have introduced him? I saw sincerity, boldness, repentance and a man who loves cruise ships! 

Samson


Whoa!
If Samson was found in this generation, he would be lifting weights and toning his muscles. He looks like the type of guy that rooms cannot contain him, he was self-contained. #Teamworkout #Flexxinmuscles. He reminds me of Jonny Bravo and I love Jonny bravo, the hair, the muscles and the hint of foolishness! Could it be Samson inspired the cartoon? Oh well! 

He is the kind of guy that your mama warned you against but it’s Samson and the heart wants what it wants.
 This is the guy who would give a whole community shivers because of riddles! He would make your grandfather and his whole counsel look bad over his riddles. The baddest !
Also, he was so extra, Look what he does :
 But Samson lay there only until the middle of the night. Then he got up and took hold of the doors of the city gate, together with the two posts, and tore them loose, bar and all. He lifted them to his shoulders and carried them to the top of the hill that faces Hebron.
Come'on Sam! Show them how its done!


I love how mysterious he was, when he wanted something, he got it. He was resolute on what he wanted, he wasn’t perfect and that is what I like about him. When his strength was gone, he came back to himself and executed the very thing that was his purpose.
Anyways, I just like Samson because he sounded very strong, he enjoyed a good challenge and if I could dare him to get me some wild honey and berries in Nazareth he would do it. This is the guy Bruno mars sang about " I'd catch a greenade for yaaaaah....."
 Mr. Boaz 
It's not because he owned a ranch full of barely, but even if he did, we thank God.  I am not particularly staggered by white hair and his deep pockets but the kindness for me is such a mood.

 Kindness is such a huge part of my expectation in life that once when I was a child my dad took me to this Chinese restaurant. He was doing some audit stuff and he carried me along on a Saturday.  
This waiter come though and served me some (Hot bread – Now I know it was toasted bread) alongside some soup to go with that. She graciously told me if I need anything, I should let her know. She constantly asked me whether I was okay and gave me some chocolate biscuits while daddy was working. 
When I left that restaurant, I knew I wanted to be a waiter; I wanted to serve with such kindness. I never made it as a waiter but I love serving food and saying “if you need anything let me know”, close enough ey ?
Now, Boaz reminds me of that waiter, how he served Ruth with kindness. He wasn’t quick to judge or bash her. This is a woman who had a history, a woman who has been bruised by life and tasted the bitter taste of grief. 
Then, here comes a man that extends the scepter to cover her, treats her with kindness and showers her with some barley while he was at it.
 All These men have different personalities, yet in each of them I see a facet that I admire and like. Now, I was going to mention David because of how poetic and his shake it till you drop it moves but I do not want to be too greedy so I will settle for the above choices.  Urrrgh, then there is also Jacob who worked for an extra 7 years for the girl of his dreams, a devoted man marinated in patience!

 Ai, in this the spectrum of choice I am sorta confused. I am not sure who of the three I could pick, LOL, you see how we get into the lure of a mix-up? Anyways, if it was a battle, Samson would win because he would definitely put on a fight!
Anyways, which character in the bible would you be sort of drawn to? Please share, I would love to know! 

Happy FuN-Friday


Comments