2019 Forget Resolutions ! Revolve


As I write this, I am  currently surrounded by beauty; it’s a nice serene place that makes the rhythmic swaying of trees look so effortless. The chirping of birds so instrumental yet unrecorded.

 Sometimes such simplicity makes me in awe in the existence of God.  As if nature in its resolve has decided to believe in God, to respond to the weight of who he is, in motion and grace.

Enough about my outdoor poetry, Happy New Year. Happy 2019. Did you know we are 81 years to 3000, I thought you should know.😜

But really, how are you feeling about this year? This year feels different, I know I said this last year but this one feels exotically different.

There is quietness and calm to the year. At least for me, I feel like it’s easy on its arrival. Normally most new years are boisterous, with a bang, forever wanting to be acknowledged and saluted on arrival, otherwise how do you explain saying “ happy New Year in March ?” , LOL . But 2019 feels like that easy breeze, the one you did not expect but it envelopes you with a hug and a warm rush.

What are your plans? Are you anticipated as I am? When I was thinking about this year, I felt as though Michele Obama and I have been having  a private tête-à-tête. Reason being, it feels like it’s the year of becoming, that exciting space about being captured by purpose.

I feel like this year will be characterized by a lot of moves, only this time it will be beyond individuals. More of purpose sways, like the tree, unruffled, refined yet noticeable, one with the wind.

I have a problem with resolutions because I have come to recognize that they are mostly self centered. Why do you want to lose weight? Let me guess because it will do well to the mass of the continent? Why are you pursing travelling, saving or getting a better house?

As I was thinking about my resolutions ,for the first time, I felt the need to go past myself. Possibly I need that financial security because there is someone who will be a recipient of my saving. Maybe your need to travel is connected with the different interactions you will have and the message of Christ that I get to exchange with people. 

 Perhaps my spiritual growth is more of me getting acquainted to God’s way and I’m able to be a moral compass in a world full of vanities. I genuinely don’t feel the pressure of being a better Christian, I want to have a better relationship with God, the rest will stem from that .
My ‘spiritual-meter’ has less to do with my captions but more to do with my genuine relationship with God.

  What if the big house ought to be a sanctuary where people feel safe, eat, laugh share (and go back home 😎– Let’s not stretch this one to much people can be very liberal in your house) ha !  😂But you do get my point – what if , its beyond us ?

Think about it, if we are always captivated by self how are we going to make the world a better place.  Have you ever paired your resolutions to the resolve of heaven? Maybe there is different path but since we are forever caught up on losing 5Kgs and eating Quinoa in January we might miss out on what really matters: Purpose.

Please, by all means, write your resolutions, make them plan on tablets as, but is it as God says ? Habakkuk 3 starts with “Then the Lord replied.”....
If the Lord was replying, it means that there is a dialogue. Like the teacher, he is asking us to write the vision in which we see and participate in . 

 I have learnt with great intent that God will not give you a vision that is void of purpose or people. He has this thing where he entrusts us with things that will edify us and around us.
It’s a learning space for myself , wondering how I should get to that gym with purpose , I don’t know, maybe living a fit lifestyle helps me become a more proactive human being , pleasant and more disciplined , as opposed to one thing : Body goals .

If I am truly open, saying body goals slightly feels carnal, like what is the ideal goal even?

Whatever your resolutions are, I hope you will be able to look further from your life into other people’s lives. I hope you will see that it is in your tenacity to be a better person that you can only inspire others to be better.

Like the trees, as the wind sways you amicably, I hope your rhythm inspires splendor for others and an audience to one: GOD .

Happy 2019, to whatever your dreams , goals and ambitions are , may 2019 do you good .


Xoxo Bellz .
💕

Comments