JESUS FOR GENDER EQUALITY - FEMINISM



Happy half year, (As if that is a thing ha ha! ). How are you doing with your milestones and resolutions?  Wherever you are with your goals, I pray that You will Trust God in the Perfect plan that he has for you .

 Did the topic rattle you ?  okay relax , let's get into it!- nervous but I hope to score something here .

Lately I have been bumping to conversations  all over about gender equality, gender based dialogues and what-not. There are many worldly views concerning women and men and their place/ role in the society. My mom and I were having this conversation and I thought I should look up in God’s word what Feminism and gender attributes is all about.  

These conversations have been long overdue in my mind, they have accumulated with time. They always start with “ As a woman or as a man  “ , “At your age as a woman “ I am not condemning such conversations but I think it is prudent as we await for the Revival for God’s people , we be alert in what our weakness as a society are ,and what we have allowed to be a normal that shouldn’t be.

 My people perish because of lack of Knowledge and I believe it’s time to we start to enquire more from God’s perspective and less on our opinions.

DISCLAIMER! This is not your usual post. It is something that got starred in my heart. I am also learning and that is why I choose to use God’s word as foundational fold for this conversation.

First of all, there are many labels that the society has used to constrain different people, races, classes and niches. We all at some point been victims of strife and "societal" tag of wars that we were inculcated into us even without our knowledge.

WWJD (what would Jesus),

He came to set the captives free , bind the broken hearted , beauty for ashes …..(Isaiah 61).  Someone said that Jesus is the expression of the perfect theology so when it comes to the bible, I will only echo things he said and did to empower women.

My absolute favourite!


Luke 10:38
40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”
41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one.[a]Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

  This scripture just made me realise there are things we have fortified as “needful” yet essentially what Jesus was doing was equipping Mary for kingdom purposes. Martha had probably been wired that her place was in the business of the household and she was missing out on what really had Value.

In literal times I feel like Jesus was saying. Martha whatever I have to offer is of much value (secure the Kingdom bag, first) because cooking/cleaning will always be there . This is not a condemnation for the woman in the kitchen , I love the kitchen and all that , but it just simply means that we are not meant to be absorbed in the "service of men" that we forget our place of refilling and well of knowledge.

The Samaritan WOMAN (John 4) 

I love this story so much , every time I feel like I need a boost in terms of how gracious God is , this is my to go scripture . Let’s agree that this woman did not have the kind of “right reputation”, okay.

When I think of influencers in the bible, she comes to mind.  Jesus did not have to do intensive moral due diligence on her, He simply let her know who HE was and she conformed to the higher calling. He never made her feel like she was too low for what she was called to do, He RISED HER UP .

  For her kind of reputation she had , I doubt she was the right fit to pass on the message about “having a conversation with a man at the well, LOL!” But see how Jesus positions her with VOICE so much so , she is the reason for her town’s salvation. Her activities of fetching water were suddenly not as urgent , purpose had been birthed.

The woman with the issue of blood


Luke 8:43-48 Amplified Bible (AMP)
43 And a woman who had [suffered from] a hemorrhage for twelve years [a][and had spent all her money on physicians], and could not be healed by anyone, 
 This disease was obviously embarrassing, in fact as I further researched; this hemorrhage probably made her feel unclean that is why she was coming out in secrecy.  Jesus saved the day and made it clear that it was OKAY for her to touch the hem of his garment. Just like Mary Magdalene, It was okay for her to touch his feet and use her hair and perfume on him.

These women in the bible were so bold and Jesus encouraged them. Jesus would even here the nasty accusing perpetrators questioning whether he really knew what he was doing . He  clapped back at them haters!  OH MY ! WHAT AN AMAZING GOD and CHEERLEADER!

What I notice about Jesus in all this, he always gave women a free space of expression. He made it clear with his actions that the place of women was much more than that of “duties here and there”.  He empowered them for a cause, He deliberately front lined them for the world to see that the “mistake” that was made in Eden is to be correct by empowerment and information.

 SIDE BAR ! 
The now duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle said " Women  have a voiceThey need to feel empowered to use it! " -   .....LOL flesh and blood did not reveal that to her !

The world is good at creating different opinions, but Jesus had a blueprint that even when he resurrected, Mary was the first to be entrusted with that message of Resurrection.

As I conclude, this is not a MAN VRS WOMAN dialogue far from it, it’s simply an ongoing conversation that I wanted us to have.  Well, you may ask why women were not chosen among the twelve disciples.  

May I submit to your consideration that we are talking about 2000 years ago so the “Culture, level of persecution, obviously means of transport and the tools to effectively spread the gospel would have not favored them then.
 Yet with that being said, they were integral in playing a part of this liberal freedom to believe God and break mentalities and strongholds that have seen more and more women finding their voice in God and being empowered for society and even Nations.

 Allow me to stop here, I really love what God does and how he does it, he is always looking for ways to empower us and he is looking for a high version of us.  It is comforting to know that whatever statics/demographics we fall into, purpose has been bestowed to us and we are the ones to press in for change and purpose.

THE PLAN WAS - 

GENESIS 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
 THE LIE :The devil came to Slide-line and divide BUT Jesus brought the balance BACK!



Please leave a comment and let me know what you think.

Xoxo Bellz





Comments

  1. Really intriguing post!

    https://theloststudentsociety.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by , Much Love .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment