Battling Depression and Finding Healing



Two Blog posts in a MONTH! - I could use a trophy right now. -he he





Sending Love , Happiness and Laughter ...



I am so grateful for the lovely and positive messages from my previous blog-post, it really lights up my heart and I am grateful you stop by.


Let’s talk depression, anxiety and all that mental health stuff. And why God wants us to be whole.

Now, this topic right here gets me all sorts of emotional. Partly because, I have experienced the motions. I really struggled writing this. As I was praying, I kept hearing God just beckoning me to write about this , as part of a healing process for me and for others as well as for others.


Honestly , I cannot tell you how it started , or when , I just knew that at some point in life I was very unhappy and wished myself out of existence . I really wasn't deliberate , just thoughts of unworthiness and self doubt . I never knew what it really was but looking back through the struggle I can see it was hints of depression.


This is not a WOIYE thing , I am better , healed and loving to celebrate parts of myself that never get applauded . I am learning to Trust God More , To Lean only on Him as he unveils his plans .


I am not an expert; I simply want to be the light and salt in such conversations. To be honest, it feels like I am peeling onions in their very endless layers by simply indulging in this exchange.


Recently there have been many news headlines about successful people who committed suicide because of depression and other mental inadequacies. Avicii , Anthony boudrian , Kate spade among others who do we may never know of .




What is depression really? Via Wikipedia


Depression is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person's thoughts, behavior, tendencies, feelings, and sense of well-being. –

Anxiety is an emotion characterized by an unpleasant state of inner turmoil, often accompanied by nervous behaviour such as pacing back and forth, somatic complaints, and rumination.


As was pressing into God on this, I asked the Holy Spirit what depression was and I was led to understand it is a form of oppression-our core depth hence a DEEP OPPRESSION.

Oppression is a device of the enemy that is why Jesus died to unhook us from everything that seeks to ensnare us .


ISAIAH 61 He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,

A lot of things cause depression and anxiety, maybe past experiences, fear, disappointment and so much more.

What I love about God’s word is that there are always affirmations on how to overcome everything.

When you head is swimming in details and mind clouded in worries – He says Be Still. He that could calm the raging sea has the power to calm your storms in life.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and of a sound mind.

Sound mind – The very thing that seems impossible when one is dealing with mental instabilities yet God wants us to be perfectly sound.
Pray it Out, Speak it out, and Write It out


Elijah – Vented out


Jesus- prayed it out


David -wrote it out (PSALM 42)



There certain moments I would really get into self doubt and wonder whether there is anything worthy about the course of my life. Like Elijah who at some point faced a challenge/ intimidation and felt inadequate and asked God to take away his life -Even the greatest of prophets was not exempt from this jargon of heartache.

Some moments are lonely than others, sometimes feelings of loss and abandonment even in the midst of a crowd. The thing I learnt is that you cannot be silent.

Pray it Out, Speak it out, and Write It out, Even in prayer, if no one hears you out, God will .
I cannot promise that there could be special words, ablutions; offerings that instantly work, but I can tell you God’s word works. It may not look like it , but his word is a LIGHT unto our world.

John 10:10 (NIV)10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

The main agenda of the enemy is to steal your joy , peace, sanity and so much but God has promised that he come that we may have LIFE in its fullness.

One time Jesus was in a state of anxiety, not his closest circle could help him or understand him, they even slept on him.

38 Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.”

– Can you imagine Jesus (the son of GOD) at one point feeling like this? - Trust me He understands how devastating this can be.

But what struck me was his posture of prayer. He spoke it out and prayed it out! The series of the events that followed after were not the easiest, but guess what HE OVERCOME!
At all cost refrain from TOXIC relationships, GUARD YOUR HEART!

Psalm 4:23
Above everything else guard your heart, because from it flows the springs of life.

If the bible says above everything, please run with that word. I do not know the perimeters for "above everything "look like but allow me to suggest to you methods and ways,

Block out, walk out, eliminate,say no more often , terminate, and cut ties from anything that seeks to pollute your heart. Water your soul; marinate yourself in all the Love from God’s word.
Learn to shower yourself with love and patience and the process of your growth. Do not allow people’s projections become your truth; own your truth no matter where you are at in life. Do not look to people to love or validate you, some people honestly do not know how to love themselves correctly. You are the only one who can teach them and show them how to tend into your garden of love.

Do not discount yourself, Love God and he will show you how you love yourself that way you can love your neighbor (others) as you love yourself.

For me, it was really God’s love that highlighted my worth and my value. Even when I went through the darkest of the valleys, He was with me. I may not account for the very loss of self that depression took away from me but I counted gain when I see how much love, grace , mercy, and purpose He constantly poured and constantly avails for me.

What also kept me going was some Uplifting Worship Music , a good Church that speaks purely truth hence my heart was constant in peace , Meditation , Talking to God ( When i could ) , being around nature and babies - so therapeutic !,writing my thoughts and so much . Whatever YOUR SERENE in GOD IS - Find it !

To whoever it concerns,


You are God’s masterpiece, He elected and bought you with a price, His mind is full of plans for you, it may look dark but that’s when stars shine the brightness.


Sending YOU LOVE AND LIGHT! xo Bellz


Isaiah 43:2

Now this is what the LORD says—He who created you, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine! 2When you passthrough the waters, I will be with you; and when you go through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you.When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, and the flames will not set you ablaze.

Comments

  1. Wow...this is so encouraging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felt there was something in this blog that God wanted me to know,,,well not anout depression but the last bible verse, has always been my favourite in highschool,,but forgotten through the years,, God's grace,,He is reminding me again. Amen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment