The Voice of Faith in Stilettos



 I have to admit I struggled writing this post not because my creative juices had run out, but I felt I needed the Holy Spirit’s blueprint on this one. Then this dropped in my heart, “Find your purpose, do it with passion, Love people that way you can change the world with pure love. Chase after the Perfector of your Faith, Jesus and call those GOALS! 

 As a woman, I have always struggled with my voice, (and no I am not a Singer) but the sort of voice that breaks out and asks “Why Are You Here “. I am thankful to God for his Word, the true mark of my identity and the voice I so seek.

 In the bible, the woman’s voice is very symbolic. From the first woman Eve, it is her voice that brought forth the ‘First Humanity change ’. A woman’s voice provokes, creates awareness, builds and restores humanity.
 Proverbs 8:1 Does not wisdom cry? And understanding put forth her Voice?  That is why age to age, it is the struggle of the Woman’s voice that has always been a battle.  

I am reminded about the Woman at the Well, John Chapter 4 – the Samaritan woman. A true evangelist, a bold and fearless influencer of her time. She listened, questioned, answered and believed.  She evangelized without perfection, her first assignment at the well; she couldn’t hold back than voice it all out.

She forgot all her flaws, and her initial intent to look for water. He encounter with the Messiah countered every voice that ever spoke against her in judgment and condemnation. With her Voice, she birthed what could be termed as a Samaria’s city Revival and I believe and guarantee her life was never the same! 

I am privileged to live in an era when women have platforms; the narrative has changed and it is evolving. I am not just highlighting ordinary women, but WOMEN OF FAITH. They not only express themselves but their SOURCE and Faith in Christ! I choose to celebrate these women because they are examples if not standards of the City in a Hill that cannot be hidden. I would love to celebrate their achievements and accolades , which is all good and noble but i feel like their Faith highlights them and sets them apart .

They exhibit Passion, Purpose, Purity and the Power of Christ. Anyone can speak to your soulish man and pomp you, but pay attention to people who build you up in the most holy faith. (Jude 1:20) .
Here are my favorite women in the faith; they are ordinary women who have taken extra ordinary calls to stand out as the Salt that Flavors the World with the WORD.

SOWAIRINA  ( Grace Msalame )

 It is her gracious words of depth on her social media page will leave you in owe and ponder .Such grace, such beauty that radiates from the inside out!  It is not what she drives that thrills you , it is what drives her , Christ !Her clarity and moral values are a  motivation, named Top 40 under 40, I believe we have fearless influencers in Christ that are taking on the marketplace with ease and confidence.  Reading through her blog and seeing the determination to also raise (her adorable twins) generation that is set apart for Gods Glory is a remarkable standard set. 



 

 

Kambua Mathu


We know her for her music among many other hats she wears, but you can tell there is something more to her...Her SOURCE. She sings from the oracles of the Spirit, you can tell the difference when music fills your Memory space and when it uplifts and glorifies God.  Her voice goes beyond music , her encouraging words on her blog and her social pages .she reminds me of  John 4:23  “ Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.  “

 



 Elsie Wandera


I have heard of bold stories, but she inspires me with her initiative to open dialogue on Purity and purpose. Her story is remarkable, one that shows the depth of God’s Love but mostly it is what a resolved mind in Christ can do.  When we are in Christ the old has gone and the new has come. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!|” 2 Corinthian 5:17 .

 Julie Gichuru 


We have seen her grace our screens and have loved her charm and charisma. The mother of 4 is not only flamboyant business woman and leader but also a believer in Christ. I recently watched her Vlog and I was in such admiration of her words “Seek God, and you will find Him “ .I can bet you that that is not a statement you wake up to simply imagine but it is a lifestyle lived and endorsed . Proverbs 31:26 she opens her mouth with wisdom, And on her tongue is the law of kindness.



 As I said, these are some of the women among many others that I look forward to reading, hearing and even learning from.   I do not know either of them personally, but there is a fire they carry that melts our hearts towards the heartbeat of God. “ I am simply sharing not so far from where I am , women that use their VOICE to  empower and Raise . Mathew 5: 16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

My prayer is that we will set the tone as women to build, to know that we are called not just for ourselves but the community. We shape the world, but it starts with the Voice of TRUTH in us that wants to welcome everyone to hear the good news.

“Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.” Unknown

Comments

Post a Comment