We Fall But We Surely Rise

So , this year we were prompted to fast in church , the Daniel’s fast . I think this blog has the best explanation for what it is all about >> https://danielfast.wordpress.com/daniel-fast-food-list/.
Anyway, so I get all psyched up for the idea and I am energized for it.  Already figured out what to eat and what not to eat, until I got to the battle ground!
Day one was interesting and everything was going okay until my flesh started making me aware that it was feeling left out. The hunger pangs and low energies were real.

We had a few conversations that were more like “let’s have Fries without Sauce, it is still sacrifice … or we would have boiled Sausages , boiled eggs. 
Initially, I was like behind Thee! Then it went on until we lost “behind and I was left Thee. 
I succumbed; yes I eat what I wasn’t supposed to. The good thing is , i immediately got back and decided to continue, better to rise after a fall.

Paul writes in 1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

When we are tempted, there is always a way out, really there is. One of them is fleeing from the devil and saying NO!. The devil will never comes in a dark Red mask, Foul smelling odor, He comes masqueraded as a sweet haunting being.

  I learnt that my flesh will never direct me where I will receive wholeness. I don’t think having KFC is food to my SOUL, BODY and SPIRIT, but my Spirit (he who dwells in me) will guide me through the paths of righteousness. Don’t get me wrong, you can by all means have your breath-taking Chicken breast but there is more ….

Fasting doesn’t get God doing us favors nor does it move him, it moves us. It moves us to hear from him, to get clarity from him and get the fresh perspective. That is why fast is not only denying oneself of food but of luxuries and common habits.

People who say the fast is between me and my God sort of make me question that. When Esther fasted, she fasted because the ripple effect would affect generations. Jesus fasted for 40 days to demonstrate the active word of God that was flesh and that he overcome. Moses fasted until God’s radiance was seen through him.

The fast between me and God , lets call it Diet, but surely if it has no effect on my life and generations then it is not worth it. Daniel Fasted until there was a change in the spiritual realm, unknown to him: strongholds we defeated.
All I am getting at ,is: sometimes we fall in the things we have vehemently sworn to follow through. The good thing we have a loving God, a merciful God who forgives us when we are weak.
2 Corinthians 12:10King James Version (KJV)
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.















Comments

  1. More Great work from you....God Is a God of talent keep writing =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment