Mind your Soul Food

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever you would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior ~ Oceans – Hillsong

Let’s just start on a high note of some sweet worship; the above song has been the rhythm in my heart for the past couple of days. I pray that it will be the prayer of my heart for eternity.
 How great it is when the spirit of God walks, talks and guides you to places beyond borders.  Borders of mind-sets, limitations, weakness, prejudice, fear, socialization and others that we
have just curved out for ourselves.

Someone made a joke that made me pause and reflect; they said “I purpose to grow more inside than outside. It made me think about shading off some weight from the inside, like a loss weight for my soul. Watching the weight for my soul, detox, getting in the right diet for my soul, that was stop and Pause moment.

I promised myself to Unsubscribe from some things, to watch my soul diet. Some people, places, spaces will not be on MY TO DO list, I am adamant not to renew some subscriptions.  I will render my ear to the right words and the right people, I will be quick to repent when my soul guilty pleasures take over, no more trying to keep up with the Kardashians  !
Indulge with me for a minute as I get deep, yes this year we will not be shy to go deeper . There are two accounts of miracles that I would wish to share.

Verse ‘’ One man was there who had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. John 5:6 When Jesus saw him lying there and knew that he had already been there a long time; he said to him, “Do you want to be healed?”

When I got to that verse ‘’Do you want to be healed?” I wondered why Jesus would ask such a question whilst he saw his situation. Then the response of the man clearly seemed like he needed more mercy and consolation than healing.

I felt thrown back by the fact that this man was trying to explain himself to the Man who knew it ALL, he couldn’t even recognize who Jesus was.
In contrast, Blind Bartimaeus was blind but he called out Jesus. Mark 10 :47 When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” It is his faith that pulled his miracle.

The woman with the issue of blood maneuvered through the crowds just to touch the hem of his garment and got healed. For 12 years, she had been an outcast and now she was deliberately going to get her miracle through Faith.

Where I am getting with this story, I will not sit for 38 years, for the miracle worker to ask me DO YOU, I will run to the seat of mercy. I will prompt my faith that will show my willingness, that I am aiming and that I have been awaiting his visitation. Jesus was right when he said that we have to grab Kingdom by force.

 What you feed your soul will eventually come out , it will be your response when you get the encounter . What you sow in your soul will reap with your character, words and actions. The two accounts and the reactions of desperation put it in perspective.

Hebrews 11:6 it is impossible to please God without faith, so I am all about pleasing my father and I Pray that my faith will be stretched beyond borders. And as for me and my Soul, we have a lot to lose, to shade off and eat right, and be right.

What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? Matt 16:26






Comments